Pflugerville Chamber of Commerce and Visitors Center Event Coordinator and Admin Assistant
This position coordinates all events by the Chamber and professional marketing and communication services for non-profit programming and projects. Handles all elements of the annual and monthly events for the Pflugerville Chamber of Commerce (PfCOC) to promote our message and broaden awareness for our target audiences. Work involves producing marketing and public relations publications, tracking and reporting to the PfCOC President and CEO; working with the leadership team and staff members to identify internal and external marketing opportunities. Challenging, creating, defining, and executing strategies to support our events.
Marketing and Communication Responsibilities
● This position must be able to think strategically and exercise considerable initiative and independent judgment.
● Manage and keep up-to-date all marketing, communication and social media plans, including those out-sourced and organic, to drive website traffic, and awareness of PfCOC and Pflugerville, TX.
● Develop and create marketing strategies for PfCOC events including creative direction, marketing materials, and oversee outreach messaging.
● Develop content for all print and electronic publications and other collateral to include, but not limited to, press releases, marketing brochures, informational handouts, banners, PowerPoint presentations, invitations, and annual award submittals.
● Manage marketing relationships with partner organizations including the City of Pflugerville, PCDC, Pflugerville ISD, Travis County ESD #2, chamber members and others.
● Contribute to the creative development of new program concepts, publications or special events.
● Prepare narrative for script writing, website content, press releases, and other copy for written and digital channels.
● Research, assemble, and maintain media and promotional partner and media list for public relations and marketing campaigns.
● Provide measurable results through data analysis of traffic, impressions, and reach to determine the effectiveness and efficiency of implemented communications and marketing plans.
● Handle all details of annual and monthly events, including Annual Banquet, State of the City Luncheon, Chamber EXPO, Holiday luncheon for members, monthly luncheons, happy hours and morning edition events.
● Create relationships with vendors that are needed for the events.
● Schedule lunch speakers for 10 monthly luncheons, and secure sponsors for each.
● Secure sponsorships for annual events to improve the profit level of events.
● Assisting with front office staffing and phone calls during heavy traffic times in the office.
● Assist the CEO in researching data for all presentations, quarterly reports, Chamber annual report.
● Maintain website, social media outlets and other publications with current statistical data.
● Research and maintain qualitative and quantitative data for marketing efforts.
● Manage and establish relationships as requested with external entities, residents and business owners.
● Communicate ideas and recommendations through verbal and written reports.