The Henry Pfluger Sr. family emigrated from Germany, eventually homesteading on the Blackland Prairie northeast of Austin in the early 1850s. As families grew and more people settled in the area, a post office named Pflugerville was established in 1893. By 1965, the century-old agricultural community was ready to incorporate. From that point, it has grown from a city of a few hundred residents to one of the fastest growing areas in the country.
Pflugerville is home to more than 65,000 residents.
The mission of the Pflugerville Chamber of Commerce is to combine business and community resources to strengthen the area's business climate.