As part of the Pflugerville Chamber staff, you have an incredible opportunity to work for a growing, fast-paced, and engaging non-profit membership association. As program manager, you’re assigned with creating new programs to keep our members involved, while also maintaining the excellent programs we already have. You’ll meet a lot of people, so it’s important to note that you’re our brand ambassador, making customer service always a top priority. We strive to provide value to all our members, and expect our staff to produce nothing but the best in their work product and personal skills.
The right person for this job is a driven, highly motivated individual who can manage a variety of activities, develop new ones, and foster member engagement and volunteer participation. You’ll assist the CEO in establishing action plans which support the mission and are consistent with organizational goals.
We need someone who can think ahead to avoid disasters, so attention to detail is a must! The perfect candidate will be able to discern work priorities, problem-solve, meet deadlines, manage multiple projects, and stay on budget.
We work in tight quarters on a small budget, so you must be a team-player with a great sense of humor. We value professionalism, a strong work ethic, and honesty.
Think you’re the person we need on our team? Here’s the fine print with more details.
General Responsibilities Required:
- Direct logistics, plan, coordinate and execute all Chamber events, programs, meetings, and trainings from conception to evaluation
- Develop budget proposals for chamber events and programs
- Develop communication strategies with the leadership team
- Participate in continuous improvement efforts relating to member engagement
- Display excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Handle multiple projects while setting appropriate priorities to achieve goals
- Maintain positive working relationships with our membership, Board of Directors, and staff, with a focus on accomplishing the goals of the entire organization
- Practice exceptional customer service and teamwork at all times
- Exhibit excellent communication skills, including writing, proofreading and public speaking.
- Take the initiative to get things done, with minimal supervision
- Demonstrate an understanding of the Chamber’s value to the community and to its investors.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree preferred. Experience using Microsoft Office Suite, event management software, and a variety of social media sites. Must pass the Chamber’s background check. Experience in a non-profit or membership organization is a plus.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title as the subject line.