l-r: Pflugerville City Manager Brandon Wade; Pflugerville Chamber of Commerce Board Chair Dennis Spencer; Pflugerville City Mayor Victor Gonzales; Pflugerville Chamber of Commerce President & CEO Patricia Gervan-Brown; Living Spaces Jennifer Aguayo, Regional Director, Texas Market; Living Spaces Debra Ponsford, Director of Retail Planning - New Business Expansion, Fulfillment; Pflugerville Assistant City Manager Trey Fletcher.
Officials gathered in the middle of an active construction site for a ground breaking ceremony for Living Spaces in Pflugerville on Thursday.
Pflugerville Chamber of Commerce hosted the event with the city of
Pflugerville; the Pflugerville Community Development Corp.; Living Spaces;
and the construction company, Ryan. The California-based furniture retailer
for the first time.
The site will include the 150,000-square-foot store, another 380,000 square feet of warehouse space, a restaurant and pads for three additional businesses at the southwest corner of Heatherwilde Boulevard and SH 45 N.
More facts from Thursday’s ceremony:
· The store will be the size of nine football fields, a measuring method popular with Texans, according to the city of Pflugerville.
· According to the city, an estimated 12,000 homes are proposed to be built in the city’s jurisdiction with 953 built in 2016 and another 494 built so far in 2017.
· City leaders said the destination retail store will be similar in tax revenue to the soon-to-be-built Costco store in Pflugerville, which is similar to all of the Stone Hill Town Center stores.
· The $40 million construction project on 60 acres will provide 100 full-time positions in skilled warehousing and retail merchandising.
· The one-story building will have a footprint of approximately 12 acres.
· The store is expected to be ready to open late 2018.